Labour Market Access for Newcomers
The Labour Market Access for Newcomers program (LMANC) provides newcomers with the required assistance to find employment that matches their skills and education. Our end goal: successful integration of newcomers into society and the promotion of Canadian Citizenship.
LMANC Services Include:
- 10-week Co-op placement
- 10-week in-class accounting and finance training
- 8-week employment training program
- Childminding during in-class participation. Limited spaces available
- Job search skills training
- Labour market bridging
- Workplace orientation
- Labour market information
An average of over 97% of our students who choose to benefit from Canadian work experience, receive co-op placement with companies in Canada!
Rural Employment Initiative (REI)
The Rural Employment Initiative (REI) project is a partnership between the Ontario Association for Community Futures Development Corporation (OACFDC) and the Newcomer Center of Peel (NCP) funded by Ontario Trillium Foundation. The focus of the project is to connect talented internationally trained professionals with the employment opportunities in rural areas of Ontario. The REI aids newcomers in finding local jobs and residence in rural communities and as a result increases economic prosperity as a whole. Through creation of job opportunities the REI facilitates the movement of unemployed talented immigrants from the overburdened metropolitan GTA to the rural economies.
Who can participate?
- Unemployed internationally trained professionals seeking employment and who are willing to relocate to a new community in Ontario
- Skilled Permanent Residents who have a great desire to re-enter their professions, but have been forced to do unskilled jobs for a number of years
- Permanent Residents or Convention Refugees with CLB 6 or above
Benefits to skilled professionals?
- Get a job in your area of expertise
- Gain knowledge of life in Canada: laws, rights, responsibilities, skills and connections related to the Canadian work environment
- Explore the possibility of being a part of a smaller Canadian community
- Receive information and services/attain awareness of community and other resources to deal with settlement issues
- Get an interview opportunity
Take advantage of this service by contacting us to today!
Phone: 905-306-0577 ext. 350
Select for Success
Select for Success (SFS) Project, connects employers/business owners with a pool of talented newcomer candidates with the right type of skills to satisfy high-demand occupations. SFS provides a range of services to employers to assist them with sourcing skilled workers, both inland and overseas, (through Express Entry) to meet their unique labour market needs. The project is funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and is being delivered in the Region of Peel through The Newcomer Centre of Peel, in Windsor through The New Canadians’ Centre of Excellence Inc. and in Thunder Bay Region by the Thunder Bay Multicultural Association.
Benefits to Employers
- Develop a workforce that will provide your business with a competitive advantage that supports your business needs
- Fill your vacancies with job-ready individuals with the right skills
- Add individuals to your workforce who are well educated, skilled and motivated to prove themselves
- Build a productive workforce exhibiting a strong work ethic
Specific Services Offered
- Employer resources centered on hiring, training and retaining newcomers
- Connecting, matching and recruiting skilled newcomers to your workplace
- Education and awareness centered on cultural competency and communication
- Building diversity strategies to address workplace challenges
- Settlement services support for newcomer employees
- Express Entry talent sourcing and understanding the system
- Training and program development focused on managing a culturally diverse workforce
Take advantage of this free service by contacting our Select for Success specialist to discuss your needs today!
Phone: 905-306-0577 ext. 350